So to start with I am a hardcore Mumbaikar and a foodie! I love eat at different places, click pictures and of course check-in.
Being a Mumbaikar I was immune to eating roadside food to travelling for 3 hours back and forth for work or dates or outings, Gurgaon is a blessing! I will never complain about the ‘FREAKING TRAFFIC’ or the many MALLS because I love that about metros!
Here are some of my travel tips and TO-DO list in Gurgaon!
1. Gurgaon has some superb microbreweries /pubs/bars! Their beers are to die for! Chose your beer by taking a sample tasting test and trust me you never going back to bottled beer! Some places to check out: Hops & Brews-Sec 29, Downtown-Sec 29 (true American style pub), Lemp BrewPub – Star Mall.
2. If you have your vehicle it’s a big plus! Public transport is expensive and isn’t that great and can be a bit unsafe.
3. Most of the famous wine shops- Discovery Wines has an attached restaurant which will allow you to buy booze and sit! They are decently good and not a bad deal even if you have girls in your group!
4. Do venture out to Hauz Khas Village in Delhi.
5. Garden of Five Senses is a must-go, even if people are going to scare you about the traffic! Enviable choices for dining out!
6. While Gurgaon is loaded with malls do check out STAR MALL -exit 8, has limited brands but they are factory outlets and are practically on sale and with zero crowd!
7. Kingdom of Dreams – MUST-GO Don’t waste money on exclusive seats they all are good! Plus never go on weekend. They have advance booking that goes into weeks and is more costly, but it’s and experience! Both the shows are a MUST WATCH!
8. Culture Gully: Kingdom Of Dreams’s high priced snobbish Khao -Gully(food court). After your show at KOD you have free entry in Culture Gully so do check out!
These are Leena’s awesome travel tips for Gurgaon, Haryana a satellite city to New Delhi.
What do you think? Do share your thoughts in the comments below.